As a resident of Florida, there is a really good chance you have already seen some Floridian squirrels. There are many different types of squirrels that exist but it's the fluffy tailed, tree-dwelling squirrels that are the most abundant. A predominant complaint about squirrels that we hear is when they invade and take up residence in walls and attics of homes or businesses. They will often chew a hole in a wooden building surface to gain access, and then chew on electrical wiring and heating and air conditioning duct work. They also bring in nesting material and leave urine and feces in buildings' walls and attics. Mother squirrels bear young twice a year and sometimes the baby squirrels choose to stay.
Do you have a squirrel problem?
What to look for:
- Seeing squirrels going into the crawl space under your home or business. Squirrels can crawl up walls, into the attic, and do significant damage.
- Finding gnawed wiring or air conditioning duct work is a common way to detect there could be a squirrel problem.
- Finding feces or urine stains in your attic can be an indicator of a squirrel problem.
Our squirrel removal services:
- Trapping squirrels is the most effective way to remove them. Some other wildlife and animal control companies sometimes use other methods for squirrel removal but these other methods are not as effective and sometimes inhumane. Some companies will use poison to kill wildlife and animals that are causing problems, but the animal will probably die in the attic or in a wall, and produce a horrible smell that lasts for months. Then the removal of the dead squirrel carcass will be necessary. Based on our exhaustive research, the squirrel needs to be trapped and then relocated far enough away that it will not come back.
- After squirrels are removed, animal repair and intrusion prevention services are recommended. We can assess damage caused by the squirrels and repair holes or gaps, and close off possible entry ways into your home or business. We can provide an estimate to assess the damage and required efforts.
Time it takes to remove your wildlife problem:
Each wildlife case is different, being only a single squirrel needing capture or a family of them. Animal Removal Jacksonville & Northeast Florida is devoted to resolving your wild animal problem in the best way possible. Animal Removal Jacksonville & Northeast Florida professionals are usually able to trap squirrels in a timely manner, but also might be able to solve the problem on the first night. There are multiple considerations that can affect how long it takes to trap the squirrels.