Skunks will eat almost anything, from plant matter to insects, rodents, and rattlesnakes. They live in a variety of environments; woods, plains, and even deserts of North and South America. They are easily recognized by their black and white coloring, and most known for their natural defense against any threats; using special glands below their tail skunks spray a powerful scent up to 15 feet! This scent smells so bad it burns an attacker's eyes, and can cause temporary blindness. Another reason few people want skunks around their property is they can cause a lot of damage. Most skunks like to take up residence under buildings, in crawlspaces, or under a shed or deck. They often dig to gain access to these sheltered areas. Skunks are also one of the primary carriers of rabies in the United States.
Do you have a skunk problem?
What to look for:
- Hearing noises or rustling in the attic can be an indication that you may have a skunk or wild animal problem
- Finding gnawed wiring insulation, or holes chewed into your air conditioning duct work is a common indication that you have a problem with skunks or other wild animals
- Finding feces or urine stains in your attic can be an indicator of a problem with skunks (or other wild animals)
- Seeing skunks crawling under your home or business. From there, skunks dig dens in the ground or crawl up walls to get into the attic of the building, where they damage wiring, air conditioning duct work, insulation, and drywall
- Skunks dig small holes in your yard, your garden, and your business landscaping to find and feed on small insects, grubs and worms
Our skunk removal services:
- Trapping skunks is the most effective way to remove them. Killing a skunk only makes your troubles worse. The stench of a dead skunk can spread throughout the building and lasts for months. Based on our exhaustive research and experience, a skunk needs to be trapped and then relocated far enough away that it will not come back.
- After skunks are removed, animal repair and intrusion prevention services are recommended. Animal Removal Jacksonville & Northeast Florida professionals can assess damage caused by the skunks and repair holes or gaps, and close off possible entry ways into your home or business. We can provide an estimate to assess the damage and required efforts.
Time it takes to remove your wildlife problem:
Each wildlife case is different, being only a single skunk needing capture or a family of them. Our professionals are usually able to trap skunks in a timely manner, but also may be able to solve the problem the first night. There are multiple considerations that can affect how long it takes to trap the skunks. Animal Removal Jacksonville & Northeast Florida is devoted to resolving your problem in the best way possible.