Raccoons live from Canada to South America. They eat many types of food, including the contents of outside garbage cans and dumpsters, although they are fussy about washing their food in a stream or puddle of water before eating it. You can recognize a raccoon by their distinctive black mask and ringed tail. Compared to raccoons in other areas, the Florida raccoons range on the smaller size of 10-14 pounds. They are very intelligent creatures and possess extremely dexterous front paws, able to open trash cans, boxes and other containers that might have food inside. Their front paws can even help the raccoon make its way into your home or office. Raccoons can easily be classified as a nuisance animal. They cause a lot of damage: destroying electrical wiring, air conditioning duct work and dry wall. Raccoon removal is essential not only to prevent costly damage in structures on your property, but for health and safety reasons also. They are the number one carrier of rabies and also (like all other animals) leave their feces and urine wherever they live.
Do you have a raccoon problem?
What to look for:
- Hearing noises or rustling in the attic, walls, or crawl space can be an indication of a wild animal problem.
- Seeing raccoons going into the crawl space under your home or business. Raccoons are excelent climbers and can crawl up walls, into the attic, and do significant damage.
- Finding feces or urine stains in your attic is an indicator of a wild animal, possibly a raccoon problem.
- Finding gnawed wiring or air conditioning duct work are common indications that you have wildlife in your home or business, and you have a problem
Our raccoon removal services:
- Trapping raccoons is the most effective way to remove them. Some other wildlife and animal control companies sometimes use different methods for raccoon removal but these other methods are not as effective and are sometimes inhumane. Some companies will use poison to kill wildlife and animals that are causing problems, but poisions can cause the animal to die in the attic, in a wall, of in the crawl space below your home or office and produce a horrible stench. Then the removal of the dead raccoon carcass will be necessary. Based on our exhaustive research and experience, the raccoon needs to be trapped and then relocated far enough away that it will not come back.
- After raccoons are removed, animal repair and intrusion prevention services are recommended. Animal Removal Jacksonville & Northeast Florida can assess damage caused by the raccoons and repair holes or gaps, and close off possible entry ways into your home or business office. We can provide an estimate to assess the damage and required efforts.
Time it takes to remove your wildlife problem:
Each wildlife case is different, being only a single raccoon needing capture or a family of them. Animal Removal Jacksonville & Northeast Florida is devoted to resolving your problem in the best way possible. Our professionals are usually able to trap raccoons in a timely manner, but also may be able to solve the problem the first night. There are multiple considerations that can affect how long it takes to trap the raccoons.