The mouse is a common rodent pest in people's homes and businesses. They are a smaller member of the rodent family than rats, ranging around three inches long (not including their tail) and weighing less than an ounce. Their small size helps them get through openings into homes and businesses that are smaller than the diameter of a quarter. They will go wherever they can find food and shelter and they can produce up to a dozen litters per year, each litter composed of up to a dozen baby mice. Mice are big pests that come in small packaging! They frequently chew whatever they find, destroying electrical wires, air conditioning duct work, and dry wall in homes and businesses, as well as human and pet food, clothing, and furniture. Mice carry many different diseases including toxoplasmosis, typhus, trichinosis, rat bite fever and salmonellosis, which they spread by fecal droppings. Prompt rodent control is important.
Do you have a mouse problem?
What to look for:
- Hearing rustling noises in the walls or attic
- Finding gnawed wood, wires or air conditioning duct work is a common way to detect a rodent problem
- Seeing a mouse or rodent crawling into or under your the structure of your home or business
- The foul smell of mouse urine or finding mouse droppings is an indicator of a rodent problem
Our mouse removal services:
- Trapping rats and mice is the most effective rodent control and best way to remove them. Placing poison inside your home or attic is never recommended as the rat or mouse can die in the attic or in a wall and smell up the entire house and require dead animal removal services.
- After the rats and mice are removed, reccurrence prevention is the next step. After a full building exclusion is completed, poison can be placed in secure bait stations around the outside of the building in efforts to control the rat or mouse population around your property.
- Animal repair and intrusion prevention services are recommended following mouse or rat removals. Our professionals can assess damage caused by the rodents and repair holes or gaps and close off possible entry ways into your home or office via walls, attic, and crawl space. We can provide an estimate to assess the damage and required efforts.
Time it takes to remove your wildlife problem:
Each wildlife case is different, being only a single mouse or rat needing capture, or a family of them. Quick Catch Animal Removal of Jacksonville & Northeast Florida is devoted to resolving your problem in the best way possible. In most cases we can resolve pressing issues in our first visit. In some extreme cases it may take some time to fully resolve a rodent infestation.