There are at least nine species of foxes that live in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia. They have large, pointed ears, a long muzzle, and a bushy tail. Foxes are carnivores and mainly feed on rodents and invertebrates like worms, snails, and insects but will occasionally feed on other small animals. A small pet dog or cat could easily become victim to a hungry fox. Unlike coyotes, a fox will kill its prey and take it back to its den to either feed its young or bury the dead animal for a later meal. Most farmers consider foxes a nuisance because foxes feed on smaller livestock such as chickens, goat kids, and lambs.
Do you have a fox problem?
What to look for:
- A baby fox (a kit) is found on your property. The mother fox and the rest of the kits should be nearby.
- Seeing a fox going under a home or office building or business. The fox may have taken over an existing armadillo den that was made under the home or business structure.
- Many people become aware of a possible fox (or other wild carnivore) near their home or office when their pet goes missing.
- Seeing foxes on your property. Although mostly nocturnal animals, foxes sometimes are out and about during the daylight in search of specific food sources that are only out during the daytime. Mother foxes that are still nursing will often forage during the day.
Our fox removal services:
- Trapping foxes is the most effective way to remove them. Some other wildlife and animal control companies use other methods for fox removal, but these other methods are often not as effective and sometimes even inhumane. Some companies will use poison to kill wildlife and animals that are causing problems, but the animal will then often die in the walls or attic, or under your home or business (or anywhere on your property), and produce a horrible stench. Then the removal of the dead fox carcass will be necessary. Based on our exhaustive research and experience, a fox needs to be trapped and then relocated far enough away that it will not come back.
- After foxes are removed, our animal repair and intrusion prevention services are recommended. We can assess damage caused by the foxes and repair holes or gaps, and close off possible entry ways into your home, or business. We can provide an estimate to assess the damage and required efforts to protect your property.
Time it takes to remove your wildlife problem:
Each wildlife case is different, being only a single fox needing capture or a family of them. Quick Catch Animal Removal of Jacksonville & Northeast Florida is devoted to resolving your problem in the best way possible.