Florida has about 18 different species of bat and 12 common types are found in Jacksonville. They are primarily nocturnal creatures and feed on a variety of fruits, bugs, and small animals like lizards and frogs. Bats normally live in large groups with other bats and inhabit places they can hang from like trees, caves, and even a house attic or church tower. A bat may sound cool and maybe even cute as "creatures of the night" but they can also cause of lot of damage to your property. Wherever a bat nests there is bat guano (bat feces, and urine) in the insulation and on the woodwork. Guano is very dangerous and can cause fungus to grow that releases spores into the air. These fungus spores are dangerous to humans and other animals. Now a bat may not turn you into a vampire (like in the movies) but some do carry rabies and other diseases and that can hurt you.
It's illegal to kill a bat
Bats are protected in Florida and need to be professionally removed and not poisoned or killed. Killing bats is illegal and can lead to serious trouble with the law. Consult with a Quick Catch representative if you have any questions.
Do you have a bat problem?
Signs of you having a possible bat infestation usually are:
- Hear any noise or rustling in the suspected area
- If you see a bat flying into your attic
- Find or smell any bat droppings in your attic or on the side of your house.
Our bat removal services:
- Trapping bats: Based on our extensive research, the most effective way to remove bats is to trap them. In cases of trapping a single bat, it can often be removed with a net. For a nest of bats (to ensure there will be no reoccurring incidents) all intrusion entries must be located and then thoroughly sealed and bat valves put in place.
- Bat Proofing Service: Removing the bats is only the first step, ensuing that your attic or living space is bat proofed is the next. We promise that no animal will be able to re-enter the areas that we have proofed, for one year after our work in completed.
- Bat Damage Repair and Clean Up: Quick Catch Animal Removal of Jacksonville & Northeast Florida can assess damage and messes left by the bats and coordinate the repair and clean up.
Time it takes to remove your wildlife problem:
Each bat case is different, based on whether it is only a single bat needing capture or an infestation of them. Quick Catch Animal Removal of Jacksonville & Northeast Florida is devoted to resolving your problem in the best way possible. In cases of an infestation it will require a diagnosis of the situation to provide an accurate time estimate.